BioAlert Lp15 was challenged against the CDC-Elite Standards and obtained a 100% analytical score. The device was also validated by Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC) against the MD 15161 standard and scored a 98% valid Legionella test result compared to a 97% score from cultured external laboratories.
Be a leader in health & Safety today.
Rapid monitoring of pathogen concentrations by BioAlert allows for much more preventive management of the risk and a significant reduction in the duration of exposure to high-risk concentrations of Legionella. Studies have shown that risk management requires frequent testing to maintain a risk-free system.
Loraine A. Huchler, CMC®, FIMC, P. E., presented at the International Water Conference (IWC) on managing the risk of Legionella infections.
BioAlert’s testing has validated the benefits of the technology in monitoring and controlling Legionnaires’ disease in the following ways:
- Providing improved response time and reduced exposure times.
- Validating the effectiveness of the chemical treatment in place.
- As a tool to improve the treatment and prevention plan by identifying high-risk activities and conditions for Legionella growth and spread.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a shock treatment with biocides by measuring the concentration and confirming the return to a compliance level.
- Giving precise performance indicators of water treatment.